Monday, September 14, 2009

With Them In Spirit If Not In Body



Saturday I had someplace I had to be. There will be other marches and our little group is getting smaller every time. I even discovered my Cancer after the last one. But I had to at least put in an appearance at the march, especially since Washington is directly on my way between Atlanta and Philadelphia. I could have taken the beltway around the city. But no, I went directly into it right up Constitution Avenue to where it intersects Pennsylvania Avenue where I was blocked by the marchers going down Pennsylvania. I left my car in the middle of Constitution, got out and joined the march for a minute or two, got back into my truck, made a hasty u-turn, crossed the mall and headed on to Pennsylvania to keep an appointment I made 45 years ago.

No comments: